Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Not Goodbye... I <3 Pontoon!

Today is Tuesday… and it’s my last day. My last day in Cambodia. Maybe if I say it again it’ll start to make sense. Appropriately enough, I spent my last weekend in Cambodia largely the same way I spent my first weekend in Cambodia: Quality time at the Pavilion, Pontoon, and the Russian Market. I got my hair cut and nails done…

I moved back into the Program Office when I got back from my last trip since my lease on my apartment was up. And it’s been a lot more painful than it was the first time around: the room seems hotter, the water is colder, the water pressure is awful, and I found my first cockroach in the bathroom! Ugh.

I saw all my friends last night for a “Going Away and Birthday” party, only this time around the birthday was Nono’s. The VSO girls got me a T-shirt that said “I <3 Pontoon” which was so sweet of them. And it fits me too! I’ll really miss small sizes when I get back to America… I’ve come around full circle. It was the first night it really started to hit me and I wanted to cry.

My co-workers are so sweet... They threw me a going away party yesterday at the same place we went to for New Years. This time genuine Khmer-only Karaoke was included in the day's activities so of course we had even more fun. Today they gave me a gift and insisted on taking pictures with the whole staff and having some sort of lunch... it was the second time thus far I've been so moved I almost cried. We haven't gotten to lunch yet but I can't wait to see what's on the menu!

1 comment:

  1. salaam
    im persian to
    i follow your blog follow my blog to
    cool blog

    ReplyDelete